Friday, July 13, 2018

The Halloween Surprise! Front

INTRODUCTION: A complete, illustrated story from elementary school. It's stapled in manila paper and lined paper format (similar to the M&Ms story), and features crayon illustrations by myself. I seem to vaguely recall that I had such a good time writing this story, that I wanted to write more stories utilizing the trio of characters from here. I don't think I ever got around to it, but perhaps this was an early sign of my current serial tendencies--maybe Linda is my character Charmian's prototype?!

I will tentatively date this from around fourth or fifth grade (1986-88, likely pre-'88), as I name my teacher from those years (Miss Jellison), and name Jessi W., not Mya S., as my current best friend.


Front, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Back




The Halloween Surprise!

Written by Rachel H. [last name omitted]

Illustrated by Rachel H. [last name omitted]


[Cover illustration: A little haunted house, in silhouette, atop a hill; the full moon shines through the clouds overhead.]




Dedicated to
my best friend Jessi
and my teacher,
Miss Jellison

No comments:

Post a Comment