Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Scorpio Front

INTRODUCTION: The complete existing text of the D Is For Damien unfinished novel, Scorpio, which I believe was twelfth in the series and supposed to take place in 1993 (though parts of the timeline are debatable).

In this story, four characters born under the sign of Scorpio, each representing a different aspect of the sign, were supposed to...well, I just realized there's actually a summary of the story included, so I'll just go by that. Needless to say that major aspects of the story have probably mutated into completely different forms since I started (and stopped) this.

Printed on continuous-feed paper, all the formatting is missing from "scorpio.wps," so be aware there should probably be italics in some spots. It likely dates to around 1995-97, though the actual writing could have taken place sooner.


Front, Prologue, Chapter 1




SCORPIO
IT'S ALL IN THE STARS...


From the author of D is for Damien and Out of Time comes yet another thriller with the "street hero" Damien and the evil Satanic cult Scorpio. [Note--the novel titles D Is For Damien and Out Of Time should of course be italicized, proving that the formatting has been stripped from this printout. "Street hero"? Cripes how lame.]

Ever since his escape from the cult following his birth, and especially following the gruesome death of his sister, Damien has had a personal vendetta with Scorpio, led by Luther Broderick, a convicted serial killer with whom he used to be intimate friends. [Note--I don't believe Luther had been convicted of any crimes yet at the time of this story. Scorpio takes place PRIOR to Luther, the novel in which Luther was imprisoned (thus likely had been convicted); so I believe this detail to be incorrect. I also always seem to incorrectly refer to Luther as a "serial killer" when he doesn't really fit the profile at all.] For almost half a year nothing has been heard of the murderous cult, but this is only the calm before the storm. For now Katie White, a psychiatrist with a background in astrology, is seeking to locate Luther for a special interview--to prove if he is indeed as insane as people say he is or if it's only his sun sign, dark Scorpio the Scorpion, which motivates him to kill. [Note--*cringe*...I know...lamest plot EVER! "Scorpio made me do it"?? I was going through my astrology phase back then...I know that Scorpios are really NOT insane murderers etc.]

But now the seeker is the sought-after when Katie receives a message instructing her to meet a contact at a certain spot, after which she can witness a Satanic ceremony and meet Broderick face-to-face--the opportunity of a lifetime. Word gets around of the arranged rendezvous and soon reaches Damien and his friends, who are dealing with several problems of their own.

For one, Damien has heard rumors that a high school dropout named Diony who works as a part-time custodian at the college he attends is tangled in with a group of devil worshippers involved in several animal killings. [Note--I got the character name "Diony Dizon" from the name of a Filipino student at my high school. I did not know him personally. My Diony was meant to be a much more important character throughout the series than he turned out to be. All I really remember of him is that he wore a little silver earring of an ax with a skull on it (a piece of jewelry I found somewhere in real life).] Knowing very well what the consequences of these actions could be, and believing Diony to be truly good at heart, Damien tries to get at the root of the problem before it's too late. Also, a new student has appeared--somewhat mysteriously--at the college: a darkly handsome Filipino named Cheito Villafane who seems to possess strange powers of delving into the thoughts of others. [Note--another character of mine (and another Filipino!) who just never panned out as a big character. His real name, I believe, is José Villafañe, but I liked the nickname "Cheito" or "Cheo" better and I hate using accents and tildes.] Strange things start happening at Damien's college and back in his hometown of Cheboygan, and he and his friends, including Luther's sister D. J. and four born under Scorpio--Javier, Nobby, Sideequh, and Maxine--find themselves in great danger. [Note--wow. I completely forgot about "Maxine," so I'm afraid I can't tell you squat about her! Javier is Javier Martinez, who appears in Flashback. Nobby is Noble Botnick, who was supposed to appear in Reunion. And Sideequh is Sideequh Wedlake (she's Haitian--yes, I had no understanding of names), a character who doesn't really play a part anymore in the series either.]

Who is to be trusted? That's the question that matters most, for now the highest stakes in the game are innocent lives, and time is running out.

No comments:

Post a Comment